Precision Testing for Real-World Networks
PROBLEM: WORST-CASE SCENARIOS FOR LIVE ENVIRONMENTS
Many organizations overlook the importance of emulating realistic and worst-case network scenarios in the lab. Failure to test variables such as application performance, effect of delay, and fail-over protection can have serious real-world implications. Without insight into the performance of new hardware, protocols, and applications, the risk of deployment problems rises dramatically. Organizations need a way to reproduce realistic network conditions and behavior to avoid impairments and achieve bottom-line benefits.
SOLUTION: REAL-WORLD NETWORKS IN THE LAB
Ixia's Network Emulator II is a precision test instrument for 10GbE, 1GbE, and 100MbE Ethernet impairment that enables IT to accurately emulate network conditions that occur over live production LAN/WAN networks. With Ixia’s next-generation network emulation, organizations can validate and test the performance of new hardware, protocols, and applications in a controlled lab environment.
How will applications perform when distributed across data centers?
What will be the precise effects of delay on application and network performance?
How will data center backup perform in a real-life environment?
Ixia Network Emulator II answers all these questions to determine real-world network performance without real-world repercussions.
For critical operational deployments, Network Emulator II can be combined with Bypass switches that allow Network Emulator II to be switched in and out of operational networks swiftly and easily with minimal disruption to live network traffic.
* Integrates with Ixia IxNetwork™, IxLoad™, and BreakingPoint™ test systems for a complete test environment that includes real-world impairments
* Enables validation, performance, and interoperability testing
* Precisely reproduces and quickly resolves issues occurring in the field
* Features 8 Port FPGA hardware architecture that provides 100% line-rate performance
* Offers a single hardware platform for both Ethernet and Fibre Channel
* Allows IT to test mixed speeds simultaneously using one device
* Delivers flexible resource management