The Node iOLM provides intelligent test automation in addition to being a specialized OTDR for access network testing. Unlike
EXFO’s other portable iOLM solutions, the Node iOLM can define and test point-to-multipoint (P2MP) fibers, as well as test
downstream from the node or central office to any passive optical network line type. Essentially, what this means is that the Node
iOLM can test before and after splitters. It is a node-based, fixed asset designed to expose test resources as web services so it
can serve multiple workflows similarly to how a website supports multiple users.
By querying the test equipment with a topology template of the line, the application can define and run a series of OTDR
acquisitions. It then assembles the information into a single XML dataset, merging the queried topological information, test results
and quality assessment information associated with the discovered elements.
* Remotely control fi ber line quality, length(s) and connectivity in link certifi cation, drop-cable installation and service activation with fi xed test equipment
* Using EXFO’s Link-Aware™ technology, conduct PON or P2P fi ber line testing with the power of an OTDR without the skill sets required–then turn it into a troubleshooting and monitoring tool
* Measure end-to-end fi ber attenuation at 1650 nm with a traceable test method using a refl ective fi lter in the fi eld and test equipment at the node
* Monitor up to a demarcation point (e.g., customer premises terminal) independent from PON equipment
* Measure short- and long-term link degradation with higher resolution and larger dynamic range than with PON equipment
* Detect and localize fi ber fault at 1625 nm comparing past to current situations in a fully automated way
* Interface it to any management system using an open and fully documented resource-based web-services architecture that uses HTTP and XML (REST)