THE HIGH-SPEED MARKET CONTINUES TO GROW AND EVOLVE
The demand for more in the network continues to grow, fueled by the increasing need for ever more bandwidth—a trend showing no signs of slowing down. With the continued proliferation of data centers and growing demand for inter-data-center connectivity, service providers continue to expand their network deployments while constantly looking for more efficient and cost effective ways to deploy those high-speed circuits. The ongoing transition towards a converged network infrastructure for legacy DSn/PDH,SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel, CPRI and packet-based Ethernet services requires a test solution that can cover a wide range of interfaces and rates—without sacrificing performance, speed or cost.
In the face of these market realities, network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) continue to push the limits of technology, bringing forth increasingly innovative 100G solutions. With the advent of new, high-speed pluggable optics in the form of CFP4 and QSFP28 interfaces offering lower cost and better density, NEMs are taking advantage and bringing to market their next-generation 100G solutions that are better suited to the mass deployment of 100G in the network.
COMPLETE AND AGILE TEST SOLUTION FOR 10G SERVICES
The FTB-8830NGE and FTBx-8870/8880 Power Blazer Series of modules offer a full suite of test capabilities for a range of
technologies up to 10G, addressing different test applications ranging from development in the lab to troubleshooting in the field.
NEW TEST SOLUTION FOR THE NEXT-GENERATION 100G NETWORK
As it becomes clear that 100G networks will be using new CFP4 and QSFP28 interfaces, enabling both data center and
carriers to deploy 100G circuits more cost effectively, it follows that 100G test solutions will evolve in that same direction.
EXFO’s FTBx-88200NGE is the first test solution that offers integrated CFP4 and QSFP28 interfaces; ready for the 100G
The FTBx-88200NGE offers a full suite of Ethernet and OTN test capabilities, including advanced lab test options, making it the
perfect test solution to help NEMs develop and test their next-generation 100G network equipment.
NEMs can also benefit from EXFO’s LTB-8 platform and EXFO Multilink application to have a complete and agile lab test solution.
Due to the compact size and versatility of EXFO’s FTB-2 Pro portable platform, the PowerBlazer modules are also ready to take
testing from the lab to the field.
OPTICAL TRANSPORT NETWORK (OTN) TESTING
OTN (ITU-T G.709) is the transport technology of choice for 40G/100G Ethernet traffic over the core network because of its
operation, administration, maintenance and provisioning (OAM&P) capability for troubleshooting and maintenance as well as its
forward error correction (FEC) mechanism for performance enhancement.
The Power Blazer Series offers numerous OTN testing capabilities, enabling breakthrough level qualification of 10G, 40G and 100G transponders and muxponders in network equipment manufacturer (NEM) labs. These capabilities include OTU1 (2.6660 Gbit/s), OTU2 (10.7092 Gbit/s), OTU1e (11.0491 Gbit/s), OTU2e (11.0957 Gbit/s), OTU1f (11.2701 Gbit/s), OTU2f (11.3176 Gbit/s),OTU3 (43 Gbit/s), over-clocked OTU3 including OTU3e1 (44.57 Gbit/s), OTU3e2 (44.58 Gbit/s) and OTU4 (112 Gbit/s), Ethernet mapping over OTN, single and multistage ODU multiplexing as well as OTN service disruption time (SDT) measurements including ODU0 and ODUflex mapping to address the growing demand for Ethernet service turn-up.
* Integrated CFP/CFP2/CFP4 and QSFP28 interfaces to facilitate the testing of next-generation 100G networks
* Full-support QSFP+ interfaces for 40GE/OTU3 validation
* SFP+ interface to address lower rate signals for added versatility
* Advanced test functionality to address multiple technologies including OTN, Ethernet, SONET/SDH, Fibre Channel, packet sync and CPRI
* Unprecedented testing simplicity requiring minimal training for new users and maintaining a consistent experience from the lab to the fi eld
* Supports EXFO TFv—Test Function Virtualization, including FTB Anywhere fl oating licenses and FTB OnDemand time-based
licenses for ultimate fl exibility
* 100G Ethernet Through mode capability for in-line monitoring and troubleshooting of bidirectional Ethernet traffi c
* Compatible with EXFO’s rackmount LTB-8 platform featuring hot-swap capability for lab use and best-in-class 100G port density with up to eight modules running simultaneously
* Compatible with the compact FTB-2 Pro portable platform with integrated optical tools and battery capable of running up to two
* Supported by EXFO Multilink, a web-based application for easy multi-user management and remote access
* Supports quick Optical transceiver Validation and sanity check using an Intelligent Pluggable Optics test application - iOptics
* Dual-port Ethernet testing capability up to 10GE