Combining CD and PMD for Precise Link Characterization
Designed for ultra-longhaul and 40/100 Gbit/s (and higher) applications, EXFO’s FTB-5500B PMD and FTB-5800 CD analyzer combo provides you with the speed, accuracy and high performance you need to ensure high-quality network services. Housed in the expert FTB-500 platform, the FTB-5500B and FTB-5800 test modules survive splashes, knocks and drops—ideal for CO and field conditions.
Measuring Polarization Mode Dispersion the Fast Way
Polarization mode dispersion (PMD) represents a significant danger to both legacy and newly deployed networks because high PMD can induce Bit Error Rate (BER). EXFO’s FTB- 5500B PMD Analyzer helps you get ahead in the field. Whether you need to verify the capacity of legacy fiber or upgrade a network to any speed, the modular FTB-5500B is fast, reliable and ready to go.
* Less than five-second testing time for any PMD range
* No autocorrelation peak, for enhanced accuracy
* NIST traceable
* Compliant with TIA-FOTP-124A standard
* Patented design*: Test through EDFAs
* 100 Gbit/s-ready
* Based on the General Interferometric Technique (GINTY)