Suited for All Network Types
The FPM-600 is a very powerful tool for the most demanding applications such as high-speed DWDM or CWDM network qualification.
With more than 40 calibrated wavelengths, including all CWDM wavelengths, it allows for user-defined measurement wavelengths, using the interpolation method between calibrated points. Use its Hold Min/Max Power function to measure system power burst or fluctuations.
Error-free, Time Saving Test Features
When used in combination with a FLS-600 Light Source in Auto-Switching mode, the power meter automatically recognizes the wavelength in use and switches to the proper calibration parameter. At the press of a button, you can store results for all wavelengths at once.
EXFO’s FPM-600 allows for the testing of passive optical networks (PONs) at 1310 nm, 1490 nm and 1550 nm, the three wavelengths recommended by the ITU-T (G.983.3) for PONs.at once.
Rugged and Versatile
Like all EXFO portable instruments, the FPM-600 is built for top ruggedness and versatility, perfect for the harshest test conditions. It features a keypad/LCD backlight, for easy operation in darker environments. What’s more, it is powered by a rechargeable battery.
This new software tool enables you to produce professional-looking reports with comprehensive documentation. It also offers these functionalities:
* Two test files can be merged into one test report (see note no. 3)
* Pass/fail thresholds that are active during download are automatically activated and displayed in the Report Viewer
* One-touch storage of results for all wavelengths at once (see note no. 1)
* Unit B configuration information can be input and documented (see note no. 2)
* Data transfer can be launched from the Report Viewer window (see note no. 3)
* A pass/fail threshold can be set for an individual fiber or wavelength (see note no. 4)
* High accuracy, wide dynamic range and high power measurement capability (up to 26 dBm)
* Memory capacity of 1000 data items; enables data transfer to a PC via USB connection
* User-configurable pass/fail thresholds with LED indicator
* Over 40 calibrated wavelengths, and hold Min/Max power function
* Rechargeable batteries