The FLS-300 Light Source can transmit with a wavelength-identification digital encrypted protocol, so that any compatible unit— the FPM-300 Power Meter and the FOT-300 Optical Loss Test Set—can automatically use the proper calibration parameters. This feature reduces the need for communication between the two technicians and decreases the potential for error.
Signal encrypting can also give the receiving end information on the power to be used as reference, helping ensure efficient referencing, even when the two units are far apart.
EXFO’s FLS-300 allows for the testing of passive optical networks (PONs) at 1310 nm, 1490 nm and 1550 nm, the three wavelengths recommended by the ITU-T (G.983.3) for PONs.
* Multifunctional light source: up to three singlemode wavelengths on a single port, or four wavelengths (two multimode, and two singlemode) on two ports
* Power autonomy of 120 hours
* Highest output power in the industry
* Three-year warranty and recommended calibration interval, for dramatically reduced cost of ownership
* Ergonomic, eye-catching handheld package