Protect your network from interruption, An Inline Lifeline for Growing Networks
PROBLEM: INLINE TOOL RISK
Networks face a continuously evolving barrage of security threats. Directly deploying inline security tools can create a line of defense, but these tools can also result in single points of failure. Even a potent mix of security and analytics tools can lead to risks as regular rebooting, maintenance, and upgrades increase the chances of costly network outages. And in the event an inline tool becomes unavailable, it can completely bring down the network link, significantly compromising network up time and disrupting business continuity.
SOLUTION: BY-PASS NETWORK OUTAGES WITH INLINE PROTECTION
Ixia Bypass Switches provide fail-safe, inline protection designed to fit networks of any size. These switches safeguard a network with automated failover protection, preventing temporary tool outages from escalating into costly network outages. Ixia Bypass Switches are deployed between inline network devices and in front of security tools, providing a reliable separation point between the network and security layers. The result: allowing your network and security tools to support and protect your business—without the risk of network interruptions. Better yet, these bypass switches allow multiple security tools to process traffic from a single network link and offer many unique capabilities like pre-configured heartbeats, centralized management, and support for redundant or serial active tools using a single bypass.
* Pre-configured Heartbeats—World’s only bypass to work with security tools through a single click, reducing setup times and eliminating potential errors during deployment
* Central Management Support—Ixia’s Indigo Pro, the industry’s only centralized bypass management tool, simplifies and speeds configuration and management of tens to hundreds of devices
* Redundant or Serial Active Tool Support—Deploy multiple tools inline with a single bypass; the bypass supporting active-standby and active-active network/security architectures
* Select models (including VHD) have market leading GUI interfaces that support rapid deployment of complex topologies that are not possible with other vendor's bypass switches
* iBypass VHD has the highest density ports of any Bypass switch. Can protect up to 12 network links or 12 security devices