Ixia 10/100/1000 MB Copper Regen Taps solve the key physical-layer challenges of multi- device monitoring for 10 MB, 100 MB or 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) copper networks. For a complete picture of network health, these taps connect up to sixteen different network management and security devices at any single Ethernet network location.
Keep your intrusion detection and prevention systems, protocol analyzers, RMON probes, and other security devices productive with a single Regen Tap. Maximize resources and save on access points when multiple devices can monitor link traffic simultaneously through a single Regen Tap.
Without an IP address, monitoring devices are isolated from the network, dramatically reducing their exposure to attacks. However, the monitoring device connected to the tap still sees all full-duplex traffic as if it were in-line, including errors.
For extra uptime protection, Ixia taps offer redundant power connections. Should the primary power source fail, the tap automatically switches to the backup power source. Power LEDs on the front of the tap indicate the current power.
* Optimized and tested for 10/100/1000 Megabit copper networks
* Enables real-time, simultaneous monitoring of a single Ethernet link with up to sixteen monitoring devices
* Passes all traffic (including errors) from all layers for comprehensive troubleshooting
* No IP address is needed for the tap or monitoring device, enhancing monitoring security
* Redundant power ensures monitoring uptime
* LED indicators show power, speed, link, and activity status